abby's blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm a big kid now

Wow has it been a roller coaster since I talked to you last...and yes, I know that was only a few hours ago - ha! Last night, after dinner, I had a bit of a "cranky" night to say the least. I usually nap before bath time but I wanted nothing of that. In fact, all I did (LITERALLY says Mommy) for 2 hours was roll around on the downstairs den floor. Mommy was on the floor with me in front of the fireplace and I would roll to her, then back over to the couch, then back to Mommy, then back to the couch, etc. By the time I was ready for my bath, Mommy and Daddy surprised me by telling me that I wasn't getting bathed in the kitchen sink anymore - I had a big girl bath tub to go to! At first I wasn't sure what was going on...I saw Mr. Frog and knew it had to be OK...then I really liked the shower sprayer - it's WAY cooler than the one at the kitchen sink! After my bath I snuggled with Daddy and drank my night time bottle...I was out like a light! This morning Mommy had to be in court first thing so I hung out with Daddy and then he gave me a great surprise - he told me I was going to work with him! Wow! He and Ms. Sondra were sooo much fun! Ms. Sondra fed me my country breakfast at her desk and I loved it! Then Mommy came and took me home. So, I've played, rock-n-rolled, ate, bathed, slept, ate some more and worked with Daddy all in just a few short hours...is it any wonder I'm already for a nap?

P.S. from Mommy --
Just a side note that we have a very close friend in labor today...she was induced this A.M. and if her little princess doesn't come within the next few hours, she will undergo a C-section this afternoon/evening. I read something from another friend last night (great post, Lisa!) and wanted to pass this along in honor of Christy and her little Miss Taylor Frances Miller! Good luck Crispy - we are sending lots of love your way!
XOXO, Barbara, Eric and Abby


Recipe for Motherhood:
1 heart full of love
1 heaping sense of humor

2 eyes in the back of your head

3 gallons of generosity
6 1/2 heaping cups of patience (I like mine with cream and sugar)
1 barrel of laughter
Sprinkle with kindness, add a pinch of humility and mix well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home