abby's blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Note from Mommy

Dear Family and Friends,
As many of you know, Abby's great-grandfather (my Papere) passed away Sunday night around 10:30 P.M. Abby, Eric and I were very fortunate to have spent some of his last days with him and we will forever cherish those moments and memories. The three of us are back in Gadsden spending some time with family. Although our plans for the week haven't been made, we do know that Papere's wishes were not to have services but rather a family get together to remember and celebrate his life. I thank each and everyone of you for the calls, emails, messages and loving concern - although I haven't been able to return almost any of them, I do appreciate them all. Papere is a part of each of us and I hope that you have all been able to enjoy a little bit of him through me and my other family members. I would ask you all to keep my family (especially my Grams, mom, Aunt Lynne and Uncle Craig) in your prayers. They are all so special not only in my life, but also to our little punkin'...who truly LOVED sitting on Papere's lap, listening to him whistle and grabbing at his nose while she gave me a full on lip to lip kiss! What cuties they were together....what memories I will always treasure.
Love, Barbara
P.S. For those of you that have asked, Grams is doing surprisingly well. She lit up yesterday when she saw Abby and wants nothing more to do than snuggle, play and love all over her "doll baby." Abby will be spending lots of time with Grams this week and I'll be updating the blog to send pics and posts of the trouble those two get into! ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Frances said...

Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. If any of you need anything, please let me know. I enjoyed the few times I got to meet him, and I can't imagine how much you all must miss him.

Love you all,
Mary Frances

July 31, 2007 at 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sat and read your comments of Papere with tears in my eyes. I know how much you loved him and how much you all will miss him. Please convey our deepest sympathy to all your family. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers. Give Grams an extra hug from us.

With love,
Nana

July 31, 2007 at 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara and family, we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. It sounds like Papere will be truly missed in all of your lives.

Love, Sondra

July 31, 2007 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home