abby's blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My first word!

Well, the 4th of July will be a day we'll always remember because I said my first word! I've been saying lots of new sounds lately and today at the pool with Mommy and Uncle Aaron I started really practicing my "M" sounds. I kept doing it all afternoon and right before dinner tonight I said "Mama"! I said it clear as a bell! Mommy couldn't believe it! She said maybe it was just a fluke and it was just some noises, but later on I just kept calling her name over and over! Daddy even got it on video tape! What a great holiday!

And speaking of my great day, I already told you that I got to go swimming with Uncle A earlier this morning...well, when we got home, I got bathed and took a really long nap. When I woke up, I found out we were joining Nana, Pa and Uncle A for a good old fashioned cook out! They all ate their hot dogs and hamburgers but after they were done, Pa fed me some of those yummy carrots! And although I didn't care too much for the new booster seat I was trying out at their house, those carrots still tasted great! I got to get my bedtime massage, pjs and bottle with Nana over at their house too and now I think I'm going to call it a night! What a big day for such a big girl I'm turning into! Night night, everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Bestest's said...

oh my gosh - her first word!!! how exciting!!! i'm so happy or you guys!

July 5, 2007 at 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, LISTEN UP LITTLE ABBY....
Forget Mama....
Forget DaDa....
Always remember, go where the money is.... The first "PAPA DOC" get ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS...(US money).... so let's start working on the P sounds...
Love,
Papa Doc

July 5, 2007 at 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO LITTLE ONE! Just think about how when you are 16 and in trouble, you just look at your mama with those adorable eyes and remind her what your first word was..(trust me, this will really come in handy!) I am so impressed pumpkin. Now, marley would like you to know that her name also starts with the "M" sound.....so get busy! ;) XOXO Aunt Robyn

July 5, 2007 at 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY...........
Miss Abby Lee...........
It's been almost three days, and STILL NO PAPA DOC.... What gives...

July 6, 2007 at 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no. no! Forgte the "P" sound....I write the checks! and handle the money...go for the ":gra" "mer" "c" sounds!

July 7, 2007 at 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no. no! Forget the "P" sound....I write the checks! and handle the money...go for the ":gra" "mer" "c" sounds!

July 7, 2007 at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home