abby's blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More than the heart

It's official...not only have I stolen Daddy's heart - I've stolen his downstairs den lazy boy! Ha! After a day of hanging out with Aunt Heather and Cousin Whitney, visiting at Nana and Pa's house and talking on the phone with Aunt Robyn, I decided to crash Mommy and Daddy's meatloaf dinner. They thought I'd want to sleep throughout their dinner but they were wrong! I wanted to be a part of it all! After they got done eating, Mommy fed me some sweet potatoes and I decided I wanted some after dinner reading. While Daddy was getting ready for our reading time, I went ahead and found my seat in the den...I sure surprised Daddy when he came down and I was in his chair! Mommy said it's OK though because Daddy's chair is PINK and pink is for girls - right, Daddy? (Wink wink from Mommy!) I finally moved over so Daddy could come sit down and I could crawl onto his lap. We read one of our favorite book s together called "Daddy Hugs." Daddy bought it for me a couple of weeks ago and we keep it in a special place in the den so we can read it together at night. And guess what happened tonight at reading time? Daddy taught me how to turn the pages of the book...it was sooo neat to do on my own and show off to Mommy! I love Daddy Hugs - the book and the real ones!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Bestest's said...

if this is not the BEST post ever, i'm not sure what is!!!

June 28, 2007 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Shanell said...

I warned you both before that little girl came into this world that there is nothing like the love between and daddy and his little girl. I see that with my own daughter and her father. They have their fathers wrapped around their fingers from the time they enter the world, and I just do believe that Abby has her father wrapped!!

June 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger Mary Frances said...

TOO CUTE!!!! I agree with Kelly, best story ever.

June 28, 2007 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know one little girl...who was BNW...who loved her "daddy's hugs" too. and so the tradition continues...hope that little one loves Papa Doc hugs too! (I know Gramercy does!) Hugs to my "middle-name sake."

June 30, 2007 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home