abby's blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A somewhat sunny Saturday

What a way to start the weekend....last night, before Daddy got home, Mommy called Uncle A and asked him to stop by on his way home from work for a special surprise she had. He came over and he took me outside to play on the playground. But the best part of his visit was our lovely singing duet. We sounded gorgeous, dahling, just gorgeous. After Daddy got home, we had a yummy fajita dinner and then I played and played and played until bed time. I had a good night's rest and woke up to remind Mommy that, "I broke my nose again." Ha ha! Mommy says my nose looks good today and no more bleeding. Woo hoo! It was supposed to rain today so Mommy changed her plans to stay inside with me today and play. Which is exactly what we did until the phone rang and then we heard that cool Skype ring sound and guess who was calling? Aunt Robyn! I talked and sang with her for a while...she was going to a St. Patrick's Day parade - which made me think of green cookies that I just had to have for lunch, yummy! But all that talking, singing and playing wore me about and before lunch was even cooked, I zonked out on the couch next to Daddy. I woke up to have a cheeseburger and then, since Mother Nature decided rain wasn't going to come our way this morning, we all headed outside to the playground. It was a nice day...although pollen is everywhere. Tonight is another family date night so I think I'm going to go grab a bit longer of a nap so when I wake up, I'm ready to get cleaned up and head on out with the family! Later alligators!

PS - For those of you that are asking Mommy, here's some news:
(1) I'm 31.5 pounds.
(2) I'm officially potty trained. This last week I had only 3 accidents. I wear big girl panties (size 4) during the day and at night. I'm officially out of all diapers, pull ups, etc. Woo hoo! But I do still need help getting onto the potty. That's the only trouble...maybe tonight we'll go shopping on our date night and find a higher stool than I have now!
(3) I'm in size 3 clothes....but some size 4 - mostly play clothes that shrink after you first wash them.
(4) I wear a 6 or 6 1/2 in shoes...almost a size 7, depending on the shoe. I have three pairs of Crocs that I love, but never underestimate a good pair of Mommy's heels! Ha!
(5) I've still only had the 2 hair cuts - my hair is growing very slow. And it's very thin.
(6) I love to eat...anything. Fruits (strawberries, apples, bananas, grapes), Dairy (milk, cheese, I love love love chocolate milk), Veggies (corn on the cob - one of my favorites!, carrots, yams, green beans), Meat (beef, chicken), Fish (I even love it blackened), Drinks (Capri Sun - any flavor, lemonade, apple juice). I don't like fried foods. I don't like cake or cookies - but I love love love the icing that goes on them. I don't like candy (jelly beans, sour taste, sweet taste ones, etc.). I'm still not a big breakfast fan but I love lunch time and dinner time.
(7) Most of my tummy troubles are gone...I'm still on Miralax daily and it's a big help. Apparently my problem was not enough fiber. But I still go back to the Doctor in B'ham in less than 2 weeks for the final testing and X-rays.
(8) My hobbies - singing, reading, playing with my baby doll, sweeping the floor, coloring in the GIANT coloring book
(9) My dislikes - Anyone going into my room without me, Bread, waking up with a sweaty head, and sitting in time out.
(10) Miscellaneous - I've got all of my teeth. My "strawberry" is still on my elbow. I talk in complete complex sentences and know exactly what you are saying...watch out, I mimic and repeat! I still sleep with a blanket and suck on my fingers - but it's changed recently from the 2 on the left hand to sticking my entire hand into my mouth most times. I sleep in a big girl bed (full size) with one railing. I love music and dancing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the blog..oh my goodness oh my goodness I am sooooooo very excited! i just love love love skyping with you little punkin'. xoxoxoxo aunt robyn..

March 17, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home