Girls and their peanuts - ha!
Last night was the 2nd annual "Girls and Their Peanuts" night for me, Mommy and Jess - ha ha! That's right, it's time again for the National Peanut Festival in Dothan...this year's theme was "Round Up Time" and it was so much fun! After a fun morning hanging out with Aunt Heather and Cousin Whitney, Mommy and I picked up Jess from cheer leading practice and headed to the fair. Mommy didn't know how I was going to react about the rides but I LOVE LOVE LOVED it all! We started off with the rides in the Kiddie Midway since they were the perfect size for this 1 year old...the merry go round, the flying balloons, the flying elephants, the ferris wheel, etc. And after just my first ride, guess who I ran into? Danessa! (With her whole fam - Ms. Danita, Delia, Ms. Reba and Mr. George) We rode a few of the rides together but eventually we had to go find some dinner. After a yummy chicken dinner (Sorry Mr. Corn Dog Man and Elephant Ear people, but chicken was the only thing I wanted!) we headed to my FAVORITE part of the night: Dutchess! She is a 33 year old elephant that I got to ride on...Mommy said it was just like one she rode on with Papa Doc when she was my age! I loved Dutchess. She was definitely bumpy though! When I had to get off, I screamed and screamed! At first Mommy thought it was because I was scared of climbing off but then they realized I was screaming "Dutchess, Dutchess, more Dutchess!" (Note from Mommy: It was hysterical when Jess and I figured out she didn't want to leave her new friend. She kept waving goodbye saying "Bye Dutchess" when we were walking away!) But we headed to the petting & feeding zoo that had the funniest baby goats (and camels, bison, kangaroos and llamas) you've ever seen! Although we missed the calf scramble and greased pig races (Ms. Melissa - you missed an awesome night this year!), we checked out the cows and I got to pet and talk to Dolly - a 3 year old black cow. After walking through the art and photography exhibits we decided to call it a night...but not without one last spin on the merry go round! I got to pick out my own horse and when we spun around I kept yelling "I ride the horse, I ride the horse! Neighhhhhh" But eventually we headed to the exit and back to Mommy's car. I got in my PJs and fell asleep on the way home but not without waving and saying "Bye bye fair, bye bye Ferris Wheel, bye bye Dutchess" about 10 times in a row! What a great 2008 National Peanut Festival!!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home