Note from Mommy
Dear Family and Friends,
As many of you know, Abby's great-grandmother (my Grams) passed away Saturday morning. I once again find myself very fortunate in the fact that only a few days ago I was able to have spent some of her last days with her and to have Abby with us as well. Abby was her "Doll Baby" - her favorite great-granddaughter (a joke Grams and I shared since Abby was her only great-granddaughter!). Grams was truly a wonderful woman, friend, wife, mother and grandmother. Thanks to her memories I don't think I'll ever look at floral centerpieces, kudzu, mail boxes, oyster crackers, wine boxes, gin rummy, Ria Ria Ranka, tongue rolls, pinnochle or Epcot Center the same way ever again! I know this sounds weird, but it felt only appropriate that my mother called Saturday morning at the crack of dawn to tell me Grams had passed - you see, every Saturday morning through college and law school, Grams would call first thing on a Saturday morning. We'd always complain and tell her to call back once we were awake. But in truth, I loved those phone calls. Grams' final wishes were similar to her beloved "boyfriend" (a.k.a. Papere - who passed July 2007) and I think our family will be spending a lot of time remember her, loving her and grieving for her in our own ways. I thank each and everyone of you for the calls, cards, emails, messages and loving concern - although I haven't been able to return almost any of them, I do appreciate them all. Grams is a part of each of us and I hope that you have all been able to enjoy a little bit of her through me and my other family members. I would ask you all to keep my family (especially mom) in your prayers. It seems the final chapter in a book has been written since I've now lost all of my grandparents. But the best thing is that I know my mother is such a wonderful tribute to my Grams' life and I'll see that wonderful grandmother spirit continue on in the way Abby Lee looks and loves her Gramercy. What a wonderful family Grams helped in giving me...and for that, I will be eternally grateful to her!
Love, Barbara
As many of you know, Abby's great-grandmother (my Grams) passed away Saturday morning. I once again find myself very fortunate in the fact that only a few days ago I was able to have spent some of her last days with her and to have Abby with us as well. Abby was her "Doll Baby" - her favorite great-granddaughter (a joke Grams and I shared since Abby was her only great-granddaughter!). Grams was truly a wonderful woman, friend, wife, mother and grandmother. Thanks to her memories I don't think I'll ever look at floral centerpieces, kudzu, mail boxes, oyster crackers, wine boxes, gin rummy, Ria Ria Ranka, tongue rolls, pinnochle or Epcot Center the same way ever again! I know this sounds weird, but it felt only appropriate that my mother called Saturday morning at the crack of dawn to tell me Grams had passed - you see, every Saturday morning through college and law school, Grams would call first thing on a Saturday morning. We'd always complain and tell her to call back once we were awake. But in truth, I loved those phone calls. Grams' final wishes were similar to her beloved "boyfriend" (a.k.a. Papere - who passed July 2007) and I think our family will be spending a lot of time remember her, loving her and grieving for her in our own ways. I thank each and everyone of you for the calls, cards, emails, messages and loving concern - although I haven't been able to return almost any of them, I do appreciate them all. Grams is a part of each of us and I hope that you have all been able to enjoy a little bit of her through me and my other family members. I would ask you all to keep my family (especially mom) in your prayers. It seems the final chapter in a book has been written since I've now lost all of my grandparents. But the best thing is that I know my mother is such a wonderful tribute to my Grams' life and I'll see that wonderful grandmother spirit continue on in the way Abby Lee looks and loves her Gramercy. What a wonderful family Grams helped in giving me...and for that, I will be eternally grateful to her!
Love, Barbara


2 Comments:
Gramercy could not ask for an higher plaudit that to emulate her mom, our Grams, in life and living. She gave back to all more than she ever asked for. She loved for "love's sake," nothing more nothing less. Her physical presence will be missed; her emotional presence forever in our memories.
What a beautiful tribute to your Gramercy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home