abby's blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Worlds of fun!

This morning I was up bright and early. The first thing I did was find out if Alabama won their football game (41-30), Roll Tide! Then, when we were picking out clothes to wear to church, I told Mommy I just had to wear my Bama dress outfit! During Sunday School I colored my papers about Jonah and listened to the story about the big fish...it reminded me of King Neptune. He lives in the sea and sends me packages and stories about every week. And it's super cool because he knows all about me and the packages are just for me...no one else! So far he's given me lots of pictures, stickers, books, a t-shirt and a cool sea creatures bath tub game. I wonder if Jonah met King Neptune when he was in the sea before the big fish swallowed him? After Sunday School I headed to the nursery with Ms. Betty and Ms. Elaine. And before I knew it, church was over! And I was so exhausted that I fell asleep right away in the car...but woke up to find out we were at the "chicken place" for lunch with Ms. Carolyn ("Ms. Taraleen") and Mr. Jackie! I had been missing those two since we'd been gone last week. Lunch was so much fun!!! When I got home, I had a great 2 1/2 hour nap and then it was time to go back to church. I had a special surprise in the nursery - Uncle Roger came to see me! That's Papa's brother. He's in town to golf a lot with Papa and Daddy...I wonder how I could smuggle my way into one of those golf games to see if they really keep score the way they are supposed to! Ha! After church, our church women's group had a big "World Craft" party in Fellowship Hall. There was food and crafts from all different places in the world. My favorite was the rice from Europe. It was so good! I sat with Ms. Carolyn, Nana, Aunt Carol, Ra Ra, Mommy and Daddy for most of the night until the place started to clear out - then Mommy let me go! Ra Ra was on "Abby duty" but I lost him right away - ha ha! Then Mr. Austin found me...crawling under the tables! Mommy thinks that rice must have had a lot of sugar in it some how! But we finally came home a few minutes ago and I'm off to bed. Tomorrow Mommy and I actually have a "stay at home" day planned...well, except for seeing Ms. Peggy (she has a SLIDE in her backyard!!!), visiting with Uncle Roger, having dinner at Nana and Papa's house with Uncle Roger, and maybe some shopping!!! Ha! Night night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home