abby's blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Singing in the rain

After such a full day at school yesterday I can home and posted my blog - thinking the day was over but boy oh boy was I wrong! Mommy had to go prosecute last night so we packed up another bag and set out to another one of my favorite places to go when Mommy and Daddy are working: Aunt Jerry's! She and Justin were hanging out waiting for me when I got there and I went to her with no hesitation! I love snuggling with her, playing in her house, snacking on her cookies (yum!) and giving her lots of kisses. I got to play there for about an hour and when Mommy came back to get me, it was time to pick up Daddy for the traditional "First Day of School Dinner Out" - woo hoo! Mommy used to get to do this when she was a kid and I'm so glad she and Daddy think it's an awesome idea to continue! But we were stuck in a rut about where to go and ended up at Ruby Tuesdays for some hamburgers. And you wanna know something funny? The hostess just took us to a booth - no booster seat, no high chair, nothing! So I sat like a big girl! And it was awesome...except for the fact that dinner took about an hour and by the time we left, I was done with that place and we were actually surprised we weren't kicked out! Ha ha! After a good night's sleep I woke up today ready to play - and it was pouring down rain! What a dreary day...I sat and colored for almost an hour today since it was so boring around here. But then Mommy said that rain didn't have to stop us from having fun so guess what she let me do? (And DON'T tell Daddy, OK?) We had a "rain party" outside - yea! It was just sprinkling and it wasn't cold so we knew it'd be OK. I loved walking around outside with my umbrella. And I got to splash Mommy when I jumped in the puddles. I laughed and laughed it was so much fun. By the time we cam inside it was time for lunch - where I decided I don't like Odessa's "GIRL" cheese sandwiches. Hee hee. Now it's nap time and I'm exhausted. Tonight's another big night and then tomorrow is school again! Woo Hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home