abby's blog

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Play until you're pooped - literally

Wow - so much has happened in the past two days that I don't even know where to start! First, Mommy said I have to tell you about how great I've been this week. You all know how I'm trying out the "one nap a day from 11:45 or so until about 2 PM"???? Well, today is day five (we think) of it and it's working! There are a couple of times when I get really cranky but Mommy said that I'm gonna gave no problems with the new school schedule once it starts on Tuesday morning!

Yesterday (Friday) was awesome. I woke up around 7 AM (my new wake up time) and "hugged" out with Mommy for a couple of hours until we went shopping. I got three new "Back to School" outfits that were on super duper sales and a new pair of tennis shoes! Cool! Then we went to our playgroup play day at Ms. Katie's house. I had a blast - and even met two new friends that are joining our group: Bevin (and Ms. April) and Elizabeth (and Ms. Melissa)! And Ms. Katie had the best food...I sat at the kiddo's table for about 20 minutes just eating while everyone else came and went. And while I was there, I went potty twice! Apparently my constipation problems are over, for now! When it was time for my nap, we headed home. When I woke up, I helped Mommy with a special art project that's top secret for now! Then Daddy came home and became a grillin' machine for us - yummy! 'course, I don't know how I got stuck with pork roast again while they had such good cooked steaks! Then I watched the opening Olympic ceremony with Daddy and Mommy. It was AWESOME! I loved it and kept saying "Oooooo" over and over. And then I actually became a gymnasts jumping off the stairs and couch...until I got rug burn on my face. Mommy said she wasn't surprised because all my other bruises had just disappeared in time for pictures and now I have rug burn - ha! I finally went to bed around 8:30 (which is slowly but surely becoming my bedtime...it's somewhere in between 7:30 and 8:30 - when I get tired - but no later than 8:30).

This morning (Saturday) I was up and ready. Mommy went shopping first thing (literally before 8 AM) and I hung out with Daddy and Word World. Then Ms. Brooke came over and I got to hang out with her and Mommy while Daddy worked on making Mommy's 4Runner super clean on the inside - minus my milk spots, cheese puff crumbs, cookie pieces, shoe scuffs and all those other good things us toddlers leave behind! When I woke up from my nap Mommy said we were off to a Pool Party! Yea! We met Ms. Katie and Ellie at Aunt Carol and Ra Ra's pool and it was so much fun! (Although I didn't swim...I hung out the whole time with Aunt Carol on the swing - until I invented the "Get Aunt Carol Wet" game with my "cup" - ha ha!) Then we all came back to our house for a hamburger dinner...where I let Ellie sit in my seat and I got to sit in the big girl chair! After we ate, we played and played...and just like yesterday, playing brought out the best in me - a full diaper! After I got clean, we continued to play - and then some more even after I fell off the bed playing! (Mommy says "Of course - another day, another injury - ha ha!") Ms. Katie and Ellie left about an hour ago and I'm exhausted. I asked Mommy if I could just take my bath tomorrow morning and go ahead and call it a night right now...so, night night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

P.S. Yes, yes, yes. We're back to the original blog background. Don't ask. Mommy said she'd tired of adding things that don't fit with the smaller boarders of the newer/cooler ones. But, I told Mommy I like the dark dots anyway so they'll stick around...for a while! Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home