abby's blog

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Aaacchhhhooooo!

Well, it's that time of year again - Spring is in the air...and unfortunately, that means that my allergies are starting to flare up! Yuk! Two days ago we had tons and tons of pollen around the house and I started getting this goopy mess around my eyes - like sleepers but they weren't. Then yesterday the rain stirred up everything and made me start sneezing and coughing. Long story short, I was coughing all last night. Nothing was helping so at 4 AM we finally tried another dose of some allergy meds and lots of snuggling with Mommy. At 4:30 AM I kept pushing on her closed eyes and she kept telling me "Just because Mommy's eyes are closed doesn't mean she's sleeping" - but something tells me she would have slept in a heart beat! Ha ha! This morning I hung out with Daddy while Mommy was getting up and at 'em. Seems my coughing spells were gone. And since it's just allergies, we figured it was OK for me to go to school today. And I was especially excited about school this morning because it's my day to bring the special snack. I decided to take White Grape Juice, Cookie Monster graham crackers, Mickey Mouse Cheese, apple slices and red seedless grapes for me and the other Roos to share. Yummy! On the way to school, Mommy kept saying "You are a silly goose" and I kept laughing and pointing back at her trying to say "No, YOU are a silly goose". She thought it was so funny so I did it the entire 15 minute drive to school. Silly Mommy - she said it's because of lack of sleep and can't wait til tonight when she can really close her eyes! Ha! But I reminded her that we have lots to do tonight - like packing for our trip to see Grams tomorrow! I can't wait. She called to check on us during the tornado weather yesterday and I was so glad to hear her voice. I love Grams....and can't wait to see her in only a few hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home