abby's blog

Friday, January 18, 2008

Practice makes perfect

Guess what we did tonight after dinner? We made a "practice" cake for my birthday! Yep, Mommy decided that instead of buying my cake for my big dinner party, we'd try to make it our own. You see, 2 weeks from tomorrow, not only am I having a big birthday party for family and friends, I'm having a smaller dinner party at home for 8 special people: Daddy, Mommy, Gramercy, Papa Doc, Nana, Pa, Uncle A and of course the birthday girl, ME! I asked Mommy a couple of weeks ago if my dinner party could have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme and she agreed! So, we finally found the paper goods, I wrote out my birthday gift wish list, and then we decided to talk cake! I told Mommy I wanted my own of course! We found out hardly anyone makes a Mickey Mouse cake...and the ones that did were really pricey! So Mommy thought she'd see if she could do it...but she wanted to do an early test run in case we end up having to order one. After finding out how to make black icing (thanks Aunt Robyn), we started. The cake took 35 minutes to bake, 10 to cool, another 10 to cool outside of the pan, and then another short 10 minutes later, we had a cut out and iced cake! I was so proud of Mommy - if you know her at all, you know she doesn't bake! Cooking casseroles, maybe. Baking, no! Ha ha! I asked Mommy to post some pictures on my blog so everyone could see how great the test run cake looks...and how great her little helper was with baking in the kitchen with her, wink wink!



3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Ooh- I fogot to give you my address... 14 Peterson St. Fort Rucker, AL 36362.

January 19, 2008 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Mary Frances said...

Great job Barbara!!!!

January 22, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Chad, Jana, Alex, and Jorja said...

WOW!!! I'm sooo impressed! I hope I'm as good a mom as your mommy is!

January 22, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home