If you're happy and you know it...
Well, today's been a happy day all around! This morning I woke up early, but in really good spirits. I read my Dolly nursery rhyme book over, and over, and over, and over! Mommy got tickled though because as you all know, I love to clap, right? Well, every time I'd open to the "Pat-a-Cake" page, I'd put the book down and start clapping and laughing! Mommy said sometimes I'm too smart for my own good! Then it was time to get dressed for church and guess what this happy girl wore today? A pony tail! It was too cute! But, didn't stay for long. It went in at 9:25AM and three tries later, it stayed from 9:45AM to about
11:30AM - but then mysteriously disappeared. I told Mommy over and over I had no idea where it went! (Shhhh...Ms. Jess and Ms. Renee - it's our little secret!) After church, me, Daddy & Mommy headed to McDonald's where I got...well, guess what I got. Go ahead, guess. A HAPPY meal! My very 1st one! I love chicken nuggests (with the crusty cover peeled off) and cheeseburgers...but today was a day for chicken I decided! And I thought the Happy Meal was so neat! There's french fries or fruit, chicken or burgers, boy toys or girl toys - oh the possibilities for next time! I'm about to go head for my afternoon nap while Mommy does some work and Daddy goes to some church meetings. I hope everyone's as happy as I am today!
P.S. And even though I'm really happy for Brother Robert's new
beginning, I have to tell all of you that the bestest preacher ever gave his notice of resignation this morning at our church. Brother Robert was there when Daddy was a teenager, was there when Daddy & Mommy started dating, was there when Daddy became a deacon, was one of the 1st people to know when Daddy proposed to Mommy, was the 1st person to announ
ce Mommy & Daddy as a married couple (after he performed the ceremony), was the 1st person outside of family to know I was coming into this world (and he even helped Mommy & Daddy's sneaky plan when telling all of our other church family and friends that I was on my way), prayed with Mommy & Daddy before I got here, was at the hospital the night I finally arrived (in fact, he was waiting by the nursery window and was one of the 1st to see me in Daddy's arms!), was at the church the first time I ever went there (see the picture with me on his lap!), celebrated lots of holidays with me last year (includi
ng Halloween - he loved my Lil Stinky costume!), and gave me the best baby dedication ever in April last year! He's going to retire with his wife, Ms. Ann, and they are going to travel and explore! Wow, what a happy time for them! I love you Brother Robert and can't wait to hear all about how happy you will be with your retirement!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home