Doctor, Doctor give me the news
This morning I was up bright and early and at Dr. Motta's office by 7:40 AM. Dr. Motta is an allergist that D
r. Mac thought I should go see. Man oh man, he and nurse Martha were so nice to me! When I first got there, all I wanted to do was read Dr. Motta's basket of books but then he came in and started talking to me and I loved him! He told me and Mommy that we needed to figure out what was going on in my body. But then I heard him tell Mommy exactly HOW we were going to get those answers and although I didn't fuss, I was definitely not a fan! I got pricked 19 times on my back with different allergy possibilities. Dr. Motta said I'm still really young to be tested and he can't do many more than the 19 he did, and I was secretly glad because after you get pricked, you have to kind of sit still - without anything touching your back - for about 20 minutes! Mommy said I was a great trooper though and chilled or the entire time without complaining..although it probably helped I had THREE crackers to eat - ha ha!

When time was up we checked out the results and all I can say is that I should not be a country girl, own a pet or go anywhere near grass! Ha! Seriously, I'm allergic to dogs, cat saliva (but not cats - isn't that weird?), three agricultural molds associated with farming things like peanuts, cotton, etc. (everything I live near!), almost every type of grass you can imagine (Bahia, Johnsons, green, etc.), and ragweed. Dr. Motta gave Mommy some meds to try to see if it helps so my allergies don't turn into asthma and get worse. After we left there, we met Nana and Meemaw at Meemaw's doctor's office. We hung out with them - and met Daddy for lunch - for almost the rest of the day. Mommy couldn't believe I stayed awake (happily awake) from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM!

By the time we got home, I was ready to nap! But before I did, me and Mommy had to return a call to Dr. Mac's office. And we heard something really confusing. Remember the test I had done on Monday for reflux? Well, on Monday, Dr. Lund told Mommy it was a negative test, meaning I don't have any GERD. Wrong. He reviewed the tape again and reported to Dr. Mac that I have "mild intermittent acid reflux". Ugh. She is giving me some medication samples to try to see if that also helps control any of my troubles. Maybe so - we hope we find out what's going on in this tiny body...hmmmm, Mommy is laughing and saying "tiny? I don't think so. You try carrying around 20 pounds all day and then call it tiny." Ha ha ha!
When time was up we checked out the results and all I can say is that I should not be a country girl, own a pet or go anywhere near grass! Ha! Seriously, I'm allergic to dogs, cat saliva (but not cats - isn't that weird?), three agricultural molds associated with farming things like peanuts, cotton, etc. (everything I live near!), almost every type of grass you can imagine (Bahia, Johnsons, green, etc.), and ragweed. Dr. Motta gave Mommy some meds to try to see if it helps so my allergies don't turn into asthma and get worse. After we left there, we met Nana and Meemaw at Meemaw's doctor's office. We hung out with them - and met Daddy for lunch - for almost the rest of the day. Mommy couldn't believe I stayed awake (happily awake) from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM!
By the time we got home, I was ready to nap! But before I did, me and Mommy had to return a call to Dr. Mac's office. And we heard something really confusing. Remember the test I had done on Monday for reflux? Well, on Monday, Dr. Lund told Mommy it was a negative test, meaning I don't have any GERD. Wrong. He reviewed the tape again and reported to Dr. Mac that I have "mild intermittent acid reflux". Ugh. She is giving me some medication samples to try to see if that also helps control any of my troubles. Maybe so - we hope we find out what's going on in this tiny body...hmmmm, Mommy is laughing and saying "tiny? I don't think so. You try carrying around 20 pounds all day and then call it tiny." Ha ha ha!


3 Comments:
Aww poor baby! I hope you are feeling better soon!
~Cassie
Poor thing! Hope all the meds do the trick. It'd be horrible not to be able to play with a dog and roll around in the grass :(
Of course, maybe all that's a sign that mommy and daddy need to move from the country to a bigger city...say...maybe... Birmingham...just a suggestion ;)
Poor little pumpkin. I hope they get you all fixed up soon! Austin went through a lot of this as a baby. Turned out he had asthma but hopefully you won't develop asthma- knock on wood!
Hang in there cutie patutie and no rolling in the hay!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home