abby's blog

Monday, September 24, 2007

Just can't shake it off

Well, today's post is beginning to sound like de ja vu! Exactly one month ago today I woke up with a cold - my first major one. Mommy took me to the Dr. and he gave me some medicine to clear it up...which it did. But then the cough came back. Then went away again. Then came back. Then went away. Then a fever came. Then went away. Then the cough was back. Well, no one knew what was going on...maybe teething....maybe a lingering cold...maybe allergies. Who knows! This past Thursday, the cough/wheezing/snotty & runny nose was back (albeit sporadic - it was still back). I never got a fever this time, but by last night we all knew it was getting worse and apparently contagious because Mommy got it - bad. So this morning, she was off to her Doctor's office where she got a shot and two different types of medication. This afternoon, she took me to my Doctor's office where I got checked over top to bottom (FYI: I weigh 18 lbs. and 6 oz.) and Dr. Mac said I have a slight ear infection in both ears (just a tad bit of fluid in them), sinusitis and cough. I got lots of different meds....an antibiotic to take care of the cold, cough medicine to take care of the cough, steroids to take if the coughing becomes "barking", and some allergy medicine to take after the antibiotic to make sure we nip whatever this is in the bud. Obviously, I stayed home from school today and I'm going to miss tomorrow's Trike-A-Thon, but I want to get this out of my system once and for all. I want to not only shake it off, but shake it off and as far away as possible! Dr. Mac said that she thinks the meds will clear everything up and I'll be good as new soon. My next normal checkup isn't until Nov. 8th so here's hoping I'm WAY over all this crud by then!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Bestest's said...

get better soon kiddo!

September 25, 2007 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Lisa Lou Hoo said...

So sorry you are feeling poopy again! Hope you can shake, shake, shake the sickies out!!!
Miss Lisa

September 26, 2007 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Mary Frances said...

hope you and your mom both feel better soon sweetie :)

September 26, 2007 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hope ya'll are feeling better now. Shoot me a message when you get a chance.

September 29, 2007 at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home