abby's blog

Monday, August 27, 2007

Doctor, Doctor give me the news...

Well, my mouth (after last week's debacle) is finally A-OK...but as Mr. Paul Harvey says "and now, the rest of the story...page 2....!" This morning when Mommy came to bring me my morning bottle she noticed something was different. I wasn't really talking but "whispering" and there was lots of wheezing going on. By 7:15, she and Daddy knew something was wrong so Mommy and I headed off to the Doctor's office. Dr. Mac wasn't in today so I got to meet a new doctor - Dr. Head - and he was really nice to me and Mommy! We actually met back in February while we were still in the hospital but we decided today that both of our memories of that day are a little sketchy! Anyway, after checking me out top to bottom (my temp was OK and I weighed 17 lbs and 7 ounces), he told Mommy I have the croup and an upper respiratory infection! I've got the harsh coughing, hoarseness and difficulty breathing - but thankfully no fever! Yuk. Yuk. Yuk. Dr. Head said to cure my yukkiness, I need to take some medicine, drink lots of fluids and then possibly take some prescribed steroids if I don't sound better in a couple of days. While we were waiting on my meds, me and Mommy went to visit Daddy (where he made sure I got lots of fluids...no sillies - I really drank out of my own bottle but played with Daddy's! Ha!). Then we headed home...the best part of my day so far though was getting to talk to Grams on my home about her upcoming trip to Chattanooga...what fun she is going to have!!!! Maybe I can talk her and Aunt Lynne into bringing me back a souvenir from the aquarium! OK folks, this sicky-poo is headed for a much needed nap! Mommy said we're "laying low" this afternoon since we JUST got back from the doctor's office....nothing in my future but medicine, formula, food, sleep and LOVE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Frances said...

awww! Get better soon sweet pea :)

August 27, 2007 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger The Bestest's said...

oh abby - that definitely doesn't sound like any fun! hope you get to feeling better soon!

August 28, 2007 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Sorry to hear that you under the weather Abby. Hope you start feeling beter soon sweet pea!

August 30, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home