You take the good, you take the bad...
What a GREAT (ok, semi-great) weekend, ha! When I last talked to all of you, Daddy was taking Mommy and I north to the great land of Tuscaloosa - where Big Al lives! We packed up and headed out on Friday...but stopped to spend the night at a hotel. After unpacking, we went to Outback for dinner and everyone was so nice and the food was so yummy! Then we all crawled into the big hotel bed and called it a night. On Saturday morning we were up bright and early showering and getting ready for game day. My tummy started acting up and I basically cleaned out everything that was in there - yuck! But I was feeling fine! The worst part of the day at that point was the rain! But Mother Nature cooperated and we pulled into Mr. Charles house (only a couple of blocks away from the stadium) a couple of hours before kick off. Instead of going to the quad or the player walk, we chilled out and relaxed on the couch watching some t.v. and staying dry. I told Daddy there was no way I was missing this game...I could hear the band and cheerleaders in the stadium and I was soooo excited! We walked to the stadium (check out my ride in the pictures - it was awesome up there!) and Mommy could tell Daddy was so excited to take me to my first Alabama game. We found our awesome seats in perfect time for kickoff and Mommy went to go find us some lunch. While she was gone, Daddy and I kept on the lookout for Greg McElroy - I LOVE him! What a great quarterback. Mommy came back and I nibbled a bit on a hot dog and some cookies. And Daddy's drink - ha! After a 2nd quarter potty break, I went down to the field and got to see Big Al! We high fived and it was awesome! And I cheered with the cheerleaders! All of the excitement wore me out because right before halftime, I fell asleep (and missed all of the Michael Jackson mo-town songs the band performed...but Mommy taped it so we have already watched it, oh, 1,000 times - ha!). I zonked out on Daddy's lap. When he got up to leave, I woke up and said "No, no. I want to stay. I will sleep while they play football. We stay. We stay." And to prove I wanted to stay, I stayed awake and happy one more quarter. At the end of the 3rd, we left and called it a day and headed home. I got sick one more time on the way home but zonked out and fell asleep. When we got back to our house, Mommy gave me some tummy meds and I ended up having a good night's sleep. This morning I've been up for almost an hour and all I can talk about is the football game! But Daddy and Mommy are making me take it easy today...and stay home away from people. Hopefully my tummy troubles are over (I've kept down food and drink today already) but we're not going to get anyone else sick! And since I'll be home, that means more times I can watch the Million Dollar Band video - hee hee! ROLL TIDE ROLL!









*Note from Mommy: So...it was a great, but weird, weekend. Yes, Abby was sick to her stomach during parts of Saturday...apparently Enterprise has a stomach bug going around. Thankfully she didn't/doesn't have a fever or diarrhea. But she was so adamant about going to the game. She had a ball! I can't even describe how great it was to see her sitting with Eric and them pointing out players talking about them. She knows lots of Alabama things and couldn't wait to see "Greg McElroy - he's the quarter back and throws the football to the team but not to Big Al because he's with the cheerleaders listening to the band." I was so glad that she was settled and happy during the most part of the day. The rain cleared, her tummy settled and we were able to enjoy such a cool "first" with her! It was definitely memorable but we loved it! (And not to mention loving the score, ha!)









*Note from Mommy: So...it was a great, but weird, weekend. Yes, Abby was sick to her stomach during parts of Saturday...apparently Enterprise has a stomach bug going around. Thankfully she didn't/doesn't have a fever or diarrhea. But she was so adamant about going to the game. She had a ball! I can't even describe how great it was to see her sitting with Eric and them pointing out players talking about them. She knows lots of Alabama things and couldn't wait to see "Greg McElroy - he's the quarter back and throws the football to the team but not to Big Al because he's with the cheerleaders listening to the band." I was so glad that she was settled and happy during the most part of the day. The rain cleared, her tummy settled and we were able to enjoy such a cool "first" with her! It was definitely memorable but we loved it! (And not to mention loving the score, ha!)


2 Comments:
Facts of Life!!!
Glad y'all had fun despite it all. Are you going to the farm on Friday?
Great pictures! Glad you are feeling better now. We miss you Princess Abby!
Mrs. Jana and Alex (boy)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home