abby's blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Achooooo!

Well, spring is here...and so are allergies, runny noses, hacking coughs and sneezes - all of which are apparently specially reserved for me this week! And add on top of that fevers, general achy-ness, grumpiness and not eating or sleeping and VOILA - you have what I have! Daddy and Mommy have no idea what happened. I was feeling great on Saturday and then on Sunday afternoon and evening I started feeling a bit puny. By Monday morning I had the sore throat and raspy voice; by Monday night I had the high fever. No one I was around told us they were sick so we're thinking maybe allergies! Either way, I don't feel good at all. I managed to go to school on Monday but stayed home Monday night and missed the Red Hatters dinner party I planned to go to with Mommy. I stayed and snuggled on Daddy's lap until I fell asleep about 8:30 - but was back awake by 10 PM....I hung out with Mommy until 2 AM when my fever broke and then I finally zonked out at 3 AM...only for 3 hours. Today's been kind of rough. Mommy had to miss court this morning and then got Aunt Carol to sit with me while she was at the school tutoring. Daddy called a couple of times to check on me. I've only eaten some yogurt for breakfast, cornbread with Aunt Carol, a couple of sips of milk and not much of anything else. Mommy's hoping tonight I sleep much better because she says both of us need more than 3 hours of sleep to go through a day on! Mommy said that while I'm fussy today, instead of working on our art project or reading any more books, we should talk about things we like and what makes up happy. I reminded her that the beach made me really happy and asked her to help me post another picture of me playing in the sand. Actually, this picture isn't of me really PLAYING but rather EATING the sand! I decided it didn't taste as good as it looked -ha! Anyway, I can't wait to go back in a few days...hopefully all this crud will be over and out!


P.S. Although today's been a "cruddy" kind of day, I have GREAT news! (Nope, still not my surprise from a couple of weeks ago but this is still awesome!) My new friend, Emelia Gehman, has finally been welcomed into the world and she is
soooo cute and as soon as I can send you a picture, I will! Here's what I can tell you right now....her Mommy and Daddy are Ms. Marisol and Mr. Matt....two of Mommy's bestest friends! (They live in Texas with their 2 sons.) Little Emelia was born on Monday April 28th at 5:33 PM, via C-section and weighed 6 lbs and 13 oz. and was 18.75 inches long. She had a great stay in the hospital but Ms. Marisol was another story. Please pray for her...she crashed in her surgery recovery and was transferred to ICU and further surgery where a huge arterial bleed was discovered. C-sections can be very dangerous and Ms. Marisol was under lots of major treatment and medication. The surgeons had to remove an ovary but she has finally begun to recover and was able to come home this past Sunday (May 4th). She's at home now and can finally snuggle with Little Emelia! But please keep Ms. Marisol in your prayers - her body really needs a lot of recovery help! We love you, Ms. Marisol!!!!! You give that little cutie of yours a big hug and kiss from us, OK? And Mr. Matt, you give Ms. Marisol lots of TLC from her Barbs and favorite Bama Baby! ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger The Smith Boys said...

Sorry Abby isn't feeling well. She looks JUST like your mom in this picture...so sweet! Hope to see you Thursday.
Mel

May 7, 2008 at 6:58 AM  
Blogger Mary Frances said...

Tell Marisol that I said hello (hopefully she remembers me from the wedding) and am praying for her. Hopefully, everything is great now, but keep me updated :)

And, thanks for the info about horses. I sometimes listen to Rick and Bubba, but missed that completely.

May 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Man, that stinks! I hope she feels better soon. we'll be back sometime next week.

May 7, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home