abby's blog

Monday, May 28, 2007

Remember the fallen

Happy Memorial Day everybody! Before I tell you all about my day, I wanted to remind everyone to take a moment to remember those that have died for our country. Mommy and Daddy say that it doesn't matter what side of the war you are on, the first casualty of war is innocence and every casualty after that is just as sad. I want to especially ask you to remember two uncles of my friend Brother Robert. He asked me and some of our other friends to remember the families of his uncles that lost their lives in past war-related conflicts. And after saying a special Memorial Day prayer to God this morning, I decided I was going to celebrate those lives that died for my freedom by celebrating life and freedom! With that in mind, I had such a fun day! I found out that Mommy and Daddy didn't have to work today so we could spend the entire day playing together! This morning while Daddy was still sleeping, I played with Mommy on her deck swing. Then I hung out with Daddy in his downstairs den. I told him I wasn't letting him get out of my sight today even if I had to attach myself to him! Then Daddy grilled out for lunch. Mommy said it was sooo yummy. Around dinner time we headed to Nana and Pa's where they grilled out too! Yum-yum! But speaking of food, I've been a bit "stopped up" so to speak for the past few days in my tummy department so this a.m. Daddy fed me some constipation medicine....needless to say, by this afternoon the medicine worked to the fullest extent and I was completely FINE! My parents learned the word "projectile" can be applied to poop! Ha ha ha! All I've got left now is some major toots. As my Pa says, I am having some pretty big "blow outs"!!!!! But it's time for bed so I'll talk to you all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home